Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 6

Since I've already made two other raw blog posts today, I'm going to keep this one simple. Raw food good. Yum.

Breakfast: Pineapple Chunks with Cashew Cream. Delicious. Satisfying. Very filling.

Photobucket

Lunch: Sunflower Sprout Salad. No recipe for this one...I enjoy creating tasty, colorful salads. I simply combined baby spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, scallions, corn, red bell peppers, sunflower seeds, sunflower sprouts, nutritional yeast, balsamic vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil in a big bowl, mixed it well, and served it up. I love a good salad, and this one was really tasty. Nick loved the dressing!

Photobucket

Dinner: Spicy Gazpacho. Well, the original recipe actually wasn't spicy, but I wanted spice, so I added half a medium jalapeno pepper and some chili powder. I also used about five sundried tomato halves in place of one of the raw tomatoes. Our avocado had gone bad, but we did top the soup with some fresh parsley from our garden. I drizzled a little olive oil on Nick's soup, too. It was zesty and savory. Really yummy. I do prefer my gazpacho not entirely blended, though, so next time I will only blend half the ingredients, and then chop the rest and mix it into the soup.

Photobucket

Dessert: Banana Soft Serve Ice Cream with Raw Chocolate Sauce. Umm...I don't really have the words to describe this. FOLKS, THIS STUFF MADE ICE CREAM. Use a food processor, not a blender, and make yourself some DELICIOUS, CREAMY, DAIRY-FREE, SOY-FREE, PRESERVATIVE-FREE ICE CREAM. I'm still a little in shock about this one. Nick's response was, "Really? I mean...really??" Because, seriously, this is what the ice cream industry does NOT want you to know. This dessert was incredible.

Photobucket

And now, off to bed with a full and happy tummy. :)

2 comments:

  1. Missy I'm desperate to make this banana ice cream but I don't have a food processor and have no room for one! So next time my boyfriends folks are away I'm going to use theirs!

    Also I tried a raw bar yesterday- dates, cashews and raisins squished up with some cacoa and some mint essence it was a different texture than chocolate stuff but was surprisingly tasty and tasted healthy!


    I def wouldn't have the time to make all this stuff but some of the recepies sound yummy!

    Lving the raw food diary! Say hi to nick xx -ps its Suzie (Scotland) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzie! Thanks for leaving me a comment!!

    Was the raw bar called a "Lara Bar"? I'm not sure if you get them in Scotland. I've had them before, and while they're not all that bad, they're not near as good as the ones I've made myself in the food processor. The Coconut Mint Brownies are waaaaaaay more delicious with a smoother texture. I am in love with the food processor, haha!

    Miss you!! Nick says hello!

    ReplyDelete