Sunday, April 3, 2011

Let's get this party started!

Alright, no time to waste.  Welcome to my blog!  Here you can follow me and my boyfriend as we take on a 30-day raw food adventure!  A couple facts first: I have been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for about seven and a half years.  My beautiful boyfriend (who was born at a free-standing birth center attended by midwives, wouldn't ya know) is a flexitarian.  Yes, a flexitarian.  That means he'll eat pretty much anything and has an open mind when it comes to food.  He's mostly vegetarian, though, as the only time he eats meat is when we go out to dinner.  Anyway, so that's us in a nutshell.  There's also other things, for example, I'm a midwifery student with a passion for unhindered, gentle birth, and Nick is a closet artist who draws and paints beautifully and has a passion for Bernard Cornwall books.  We both knit and like to spend time with our dog Panda (Ru) Bear and our kitty Ophelia.  Nick is learning to play the guitar.  I hate washing dishes.

So, I have put a lot of thought into this going raw thing.  I have come to the conclusion that in order for it to succeed, meal planning, careful grocery shopping, and preparation are essential.  I will be planning out each week's meals on Saturday evenings.  Since eating a fully raw diet means needing lots of fresh produce, we will be doing bi-weekly grocery shopping trips (to our local Ward's grocery store on Sundays and our local farmer's market on Wednesdays).  Every Saturday, I will share my weekly meal plan and grocery shopping lists for your viewing pleasure.  I think the first lesson I will learn during this adventure is discipline.  I'm excited. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment